Job: YUM Food Box Program Coordinator at GrowNYC
YUM Food Box Program Coordinator
Program of GrowNYC
51 Chambers Street Suite 1231, New York, NY 10007
Phone – 212.341.2321 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
GrowNYC is a hands-on non-profit which improves New York City’s quality of life through environmental programs that transform communities block by block and empower all New Yorkers to secure a clean and healthy environment for future generations. Our programs include the Office of Recycling Outreach and Education, Open Space Greening, Environmental Education and Greenmarket, the largest network of open-air farmers markets in the United States.
YUM Food Box Program Summary
GrowNYC is in its third year of working with its project partner, Isabella Geriatric Center, to increase fresh food access in the Washington Heights community through our YUM Food Box Program. GrowNYC sources high quality wholesale fruits and vegetables and delivers them to Isabella Geriatric Center. Then volunteers pack bags full of affordable produce and sell the bags to community members. This innovative senior-led initiative has distributed over 70,000 pounds of fresh produce into this underserved neighborhood.
YUM Food Box Coordinator Duties
- Communicate with our partner, Isabella Geriatric Center, about orders
- Ensure that weekly produce orders stay within budget
- Create wholesale orders and determine how they will be broken down in terms of quantity for individual bags
- Drive a refrigerator box truck to Hunts Point Terminal Market at 5 am every Wednesday and back to Isabella Geriatric Center
- Work as part of a 2 person produce procurement team
- Inspect produce for quality
- Offer support and assistance to senior volunteers during bag assembly as needed
- Deliver assembled bags of produce to 4 distribution sites in Washington Heights
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Knowledge about produce strongly desired
- Comfortable buying in a busy market atmosphere
- Familiarity with wholesale preferred, but not required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible and easy going
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Some moving (handtruck)/lifting up to 50lbs.
The YUM Northern Manhattan Food Box Coordinator is a p/t position pays $15/hour and does not include benefits. The position begins immediately, is year-round, and requires 8-10 hours/week. Please submit cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please write “YUM Northern Manhattan Food Box Coordinator” in the subject line. Please also include where you heard about the position in your cover letter. GrowNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.