Job: Market Manager needed for Crown Heights Farmers Market (ASAP!)
Seeds in the Middle announcement below:
Seeds in the Middle is seeking an experienced market manager for Crown Heights Farmers Market who can:
- Run the market 11 am to 7 pm on Thursdays (Location: Albany/Lefferts Avenue, Crown Heights, Brooklyn - Hamilton Metz Park)
- Must be able to run EBT/SNAP and do financial records at end of day and report
- Must be able to do community outreach
- Solicit more vendors appropriate for community
- Contact media to advertise market
- Put No Parking signs up on Wednesday night
- Help organize activities "under the tent" at market to attract families and kids (we are right next to a field, so we are doing soccer etc)
- Get folks to reach into churches and run a raffle to raise funds at the market, etc.
- Come up with innovative community building ides to raise money to run the market
The person must be able to take full responsibility for the market and be reliable. Also may need to reach out to city, state and federal agencies or whomever needed to address bureaucratic concerns.
NEEDED ASAP. FOR OUR MARKET THIS VERY THURSDAY!!!!!
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PS This market has two farmers, and serves the Orthodox Jewish and Afro-Caribbean community in obesity epidemic.