Application Deadline 3/8: Bushwick Campus Farm 2013 Community Apprentice Program
Bushwick Campus Farm
2013 Community Apprentice Program
1st round of applications due March 8th
Do you want to...
- Learn how to run an urban farm?
- Grow heirloom vegetables, flowers, baby & micro greens?
- Help maintain rainwater systems, hydroponic, and fish farming?
- Help run workshops for our high school “green team” and summer employments ?
- Work closely with our Farm Manager in planning crops for our farm and greenhouse?
- Learn the basics of large-scale composting?
- Meet and work with other apprentices, teachers, and volunteers who all care about “local food” and food justice in Bushwick?
- Youth /Farm Educator Apprentice
- Compost Apprentice
- Greenhouse Apprentice
- Sub-Irrigated Planter (SIP) Project Lead Apprentice for new expansion
- General Urban Farm Apprentice
- Beekeeping Opportunities
Apprenticeships are for adults 18 years and older. Time commitment: 8-30 hrs/week. These are unpaid apprenticeships. Free of cost. Experience working with youth and food a plus; Bushwick residents given priority; Spanish language skills strongly preferred.
1st round of applications due by March 8th:
Bushwick Campus Farm is a project of EcoStation:NY
EcoStation:NY is a Brooklyn-based nonprofit organization rooted in social and environmental justice. We explore the intersections of health and environment through community food and sustainable urban agriculture projects that educate, inspire, and empower. Our current projects include Bushwick Farmers’ Market, Bushwick Campus Farm & Greenhouse, and Farm-In-The-Sky, a fledgling rooftop farm.
For more information, check out www.EcoStationNY.org and www.BushwickFarmersMarket.org. For updates, follow Bushwick Campus Farm and Bushwick Farmers Market on Facebook, and @BushwickCampusF on Twitter.